SURROUND YOURSELF WITH THE BEST
If you hang out with 9 broke people all the time who do you think will be the 10th? When building any business it is extremely difficult to succeed if you are around friends who have normal jobs and are free every night and every weekend. When I first started with Network Marketing, I always felt like I was missing out on the fun weekend of partying. In the evenings, I wanted to just sit there and watch TV, not work on something else. However, I knew that spending all weekend partying and all evening watching TV wouldn’t get me closer to a leveraged income.
Knowing that you are the average of the 5 people you hang out with the most should make you focus on doing this instead...
1. Find a mentor to communicate with daily
2. Listen to inspirational audios every day
3. Read the right books
1. Find a mentor or several mentors who have a financial interest in your results. Very often in our industry that would be your upline. If they have had success then they are better positioned to help you have success. Our industry usually duplicates failure or success so of course you will know which one to pick. Once you have found this mentor, make sure you are the one who reaches out to them as they will not want to babysit you. We will cover the best behaviour of being a downline in a future blog.
2. One of the things I still do today is make sure I listen to inspirational people for 30 to 90 minutes a day. I read inspiring books, I listen to audio books, to podcasts, to conference calls, to trainings etc. I also talk to inspirational people daily.
3. Read inspiring books. You learn very differently when reading as compared to listening. Make sure you are reading about a book a month. The books I highly suggest are those about leadership development, anything to do with network marketing and also stories
that will inspire you. You can start this at any point and it will make such a difference. If
you're a parent, play personal development audios during car rides with your kids. They will absorb the positivity too!
Who are your top mentors? Please share with us in the comments. Mine include my
parents and my wife but these days I tend to learn the most from just observing my crazy kids.